7 Tips to engage & attract the right social media followers
Nice to see you back (hopefully you’ve been here before or now it’s just gotten awkward)
I’m pretty pumped to share these 7 tips on how you can engage to attract more followers on Social Media.
But not just any followers.
The right followers.
Engaging or communicating or talking with them helps you to develop a relationship with your audience outside of just your video.
It would be wonderful if our video was the only way we needed to bond with our audience
and it really *IS* a great way to reach them
However, it’s not the only way!
In an earlier blog where we discovered *where your online paying audience was on Social Media*
We chatted about what online platform your best audience member visits most. This platform is where the majority of your video is going to live.
So, now you need to know how to develop a relationship with that audience
to enhance their experience and gain their trust.
This is all about engagement and while each platform has it’s own style of engagement…
Facebook loves long stories, memes and gifs.
Twitter values quick chatter with 140 characters.
And Instagram gets brief feedback below pictures.
I’d love to focus on the overall ways that you can use engagement to inspire the know, like and trust factors.
Here are my 7 golden engagement tips that will draw in your perfect audience:
1. Ask questions in your posts and on other’s. Being passionate about getting to know what your audience thinks can be gold when sourcing content and provide great social media conversations.
2. Join online groups and talk about your topic. Although, don’t join groups *willy nilly*. Choose those groups where your perfect audience live.
Where they are looking for solutions similar to the ones you are offering
For example, if you are a Health coach, join groups of people who are seeking ways to get fit and eat better. This is also great to identify and figure out a process or tip to help them solve their problems
3. Share other people’s content WITH with your positive feedback Reposting someone else’s picture, video or meme is Great! However, what’s even more personable is if you add feedback when sharing it.
4. Connect and collaborate with other influencers in your field and ask them to jointly share content.
The *we’re all in this together* attitude will get you far.
What better way to be introduced to a who new bunch of people
that fit into your *perfect watcher *category
than to connect with someone else who already has like minded viewers.
You can even invite them to be a guest blogger which would add value to both Yours and Their feed.
5. Give regular audience members shoutouts in your video and tag them (if you can)
What better way to make someone feel included or heard
Than giving them a mention in one of your videos for something you’ve seen them write on a post of yours.
6. Engage in conversation beneficial to your topic.
Some platforms such as Twitter have #groupchats where several people assemble to have conversation.
Be aware Twitter’s chats can be quite quick if there are lots of people participating.
Aside from organized group chats it can be as simple as having a conversation in a live chat or static post thread. Ideally it provides an opportunity for you to share valuable knowledge to someone that needs it.
7. Answer questions in groups or follow hashtags that ask questions which you could offer your expertise on. What better way to to establish yourself as knowledgeable than to give tips to someone asking that specific questions. You may even have answered that very question in your video blog and can post a link without seeming spammy.
Be aware though
Some groups don’t allow links to personal video.
Check the individual group’s rules that are usually posted on top of the group.
Remember when you’re in engagement mode on any platform:
Don’t Go outside of your Persona.
In the blog post where we talked about identifying *who you are* and meeting expectations this is where people will expect the same behaviour and personality as they’ve seen all along.
And that’s it for now on Engaging your perfect Audience.
Now go chat with your peeps :)
Thanks so much for reading.
Hit Subscribe for video tips every single week and check out my Facebook page for updates.
If you’d like to ask a question specific to your business, book a zoom call. I’d love to help.
A YouTube video blog to speakers, educators and coaches focusing on how to tips and lessons to create the most impactful Video. Producer, award winning director (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9739807/) and media strategist, Carole Parsons, shares her wealth of knowledge in this YouTube Video Blog to help you get results from the video that you make.